Overview Product Offerings Professional Services
- MagicDraw SysML Plugin - Integration of systems engineering models with other discipline-specific models (software, hardware, simulation & analysis, etc.) is a primary need for systems engineers. Therefore, a versatile modeling language unifying multiple languages used by systems engineers, similar to UML in software engineering discipline, was essential.
SysML is a formal language for sharing systems information among all project stakeholders, improves communication across team members, and also between teams. By offering a more complete representation of systems, SysML helps reduce errors and ambiguities during the systems development process.
The MagicDraw SysML plug-in retains all the capabilities of the award winning MagicDraw modeling environment with systems engineer perspective, which provides domain-specific modeling, analysis and simulation capabilities.
- MagicDraw - MagicDraw is an award-winning software modeling tool with teamwork support. Designed for Systems Analysts, Architects, Programmers, QA Engineers, and Documentation Writers, this dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of Object Oriented (OO) systems.
- MagicDraw Teamwork Server - The Teamwork Server is software that allows more than one IT architect to work with the same model. The enterprise model is stored in the teamwork server repository and every developer working with the Standard, Professional or Enterprise edition of Cameo Enterprise Architecture or MagicDraw may lock a part of the model and work on that part individually. Later changes may be committed to the server and shared with the team. Teamwork Server provides groupware, configuration management, security, distributed use, parallel development, and more capabilities.
- Cameo Simulation Toolkit - No Magic is the first in the industry to provide extendable model execution framework based on OMG fUML and W3C SCXML standards. Cameo Simulation Toolkit extends MagicDraw capabilities and allows validating system behavior by executing, animating and debugging UML 2.0 State machine and Activity models in the context of realistic mock-ups of the intended user interface.
SysML parametric model execution enables trade studies along with tracking and maintaining dependencies among critical parameters such as size, weight, speed, power, temperature and others throughout the system life cycle.
- ParaMagic Plugin - By executing constraint relationships in SysML parametric diagrams, systems engineers can run simulations and trade studies for complex systems from concept through final test. Mathematica® or OpenModelica® provide baseline equation solving. Links between SysML and Excel® make it easy to import and export data, create reports and generate graphs and charts. Existing models in tools like MATLAB®, Simulink®, and Mathematica® can be easily wrapped as SysML constraint blocks and incorporated in the simulation.
Engineers and analysts used to working on individual spreadsheets now have a collaborative tool to synchronize their efforts using the best model-based systems engineering practices. In both traditional and non-traditional domains of system engineering, users can explore system performance, verify requirements, estimate cost, allocate resources, and keep diverse models in sync.
- Cameo DataHub - Cameo™ DataHub add-on allows MagicDraw users to import, export, synchronize, and reference text-based requirements in IBM Rational DOORS, Rational RequisitePro and Microsoft Excel.
The increasing complexity of systems makes Requirements Engineering (RE) a critical phase in a system’s life cycle.
SysML requirements modeling constructs are intended to provide a bridge between traditional requirements management tools and systems models. Requirements can be imported or defined in MagicDraw and depicted in graphical, tabular, matrix or tree structure format. A requirement can also appear on other diagrams to show its relationship to other modeling elements deriving, satisfying, verifying or refining requirements.
- Cameo Inter-Op - Cameo Inter-Op speeds up the development of UML models by using a two-way bridge between MagicDraw and other modeling tools. No longer will different tools used by different teams or contributors be a bottleneck in project execution and collaboration.
Cameo Inter-Op provides customers both import and export functionality between MagicDraw® and IBM Rational® Rhapsody, or MagicDraw and System Architect. Cameo Inter-Op supports both semantics and diagrams, ensuring data integrity is maintained between MagicDraw and these products.
SysML is based on UML, which ensures that the flow of information from system engineers to software engineers is more accurate. Being an open standard, which supports XMI and ISO 10303-303 (AP233), SysML allows information interchange to other systems engineering tools (model interoperability among tools) such as CAD, electrical and engineering analysis tools.
- CoFluent Plugin - The CoFluent methodology for UML allows designers of embedded devices and chips to describe in a comprehensive way models of real-time embedded applications and use cases, and represent their execution on multiprocessor/multicore platforms. Non-functional requirements, like execution times, as well as power, memory and cost, can be captured in models.
Users can integrate MagicDraw into CoFluent Studio as an Eclipse plug-in for using a unified modeling and simulation environment. CoFluent Studio converts UML models into executable SystemC code. As the generated SystemC code is instrumented, execution traces can be analyzed with CoFluent Studio monitoring tools, so designers can predict the behavior and the real-time performance properties of their multicore embedded system models.
- FAS Plugin - The no cost FAS plugin for MagicDraw supports the FAS method (www.fas-method.org). "FAS" means "Functional Architectures for Systems". The FAS method provides a systematic way of deriving functional architectures from use cases. The FAS plugin for MagicDraw provides automation of trivial, but modeling-intense steps involved in proceeding according to the method. Its purpose is to support the architect in modeling tasks, allowing him to stay focused on the decisions that require his expertise.
- MBSE Plugin - The no cost MBSE plugin for MagicDraw provides several functions:
- Support for the recommendations of the INCOSE SE2 Challenge team (http://mbse.gfse.de) described in the "Cookbook for MBSE with SysML".
- Model Based Document Generation. The plugin is used to transform a document, which is "stored" in a SysML/UML model into an XML file conforming with DocBook, for further usage. Most typically the document will be converted to PDF.
- Variant Management. It allows extracting models of system variant which are modeled according to the "Cookbook for MBSE with SysML" recommendations.
- Parametric patterns. It allows calculating total cost and power of elements in a product tree. The user is supported by a number of convenience functions which allow to instrument the model and carry out any kind of evaluation.