MagicDraw is the award-winning software modeling tool with teamwork support. Designed for Systems Analysts, Architects, Programmers, QA Engineers, and Documentation Writers, this dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of Object Oriented (OO) systems. Our unique strength is a model-centric approach using MagicDraw as a hub for the software development lifecycle (SDLC). The model-centric approach to software development brings added value to your IT activities by integrating modeling artifacts from business requirements to implementation architecture.
MagicDraw fully supports OMG UML 2 modeling language and all the diagrams the UML standard defines. The product has consistently been the most compliant to the UML standard. This is why many companies partner, integrate, or OEM MagicDraw. In addition to this, MagicDraw has extended support for UML profiles and custom diagrams. MagicDraw can easily be transformed into a product supporting any domain-specific language which supports the needs of a specific field.
MagicDraw provides the industry's best code engineering mechanism (with full round-trip support for Java, C++, C#, CL (MSIL) and CORBA IDL programming languages), as well as reverse engineering capabilities.
MagicDraw, now considered one of the most popular UML modeling tools in the world, also serves as a component for other modeling products offered by No Magic. MagicDraw's derivatives are designed for areas of Enterprise Architecture, Defense Architecture, Business Processes, Systems Engineering, and Data Modeling. All No Magic's products facilitate a model driven approach and integrate smoothly, because they all are based on a single platform – MagicDraw.
Core MagicDraw value proposition for software engineering:
- Preserve corporate knowledge
- Keep artifacts developed in teams in a central versioned repository; see records on who, what and when - changes were made to the model
- Keep artifacts produced in ALL design phases in one single consistent model
- Share and reuse knowledge from other projects
- Export data to other formats: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, OpenOffice documents, CSV, XML, HTML and others
- Import data from Excel, CSV, requirements management tools (DOORS, Requisite Pro)
- Manage complexity
- Analyze, design and view systems in several abstraction levels
- Setup traceability between different abstraction levels, e.g. easily navigate from requirements to design or test cases and vice versa
- Analyze dependencies between system parts for easier system refactoring
- Validate early and assess the system before the system is even created
- Perform coverage analysis
- Perform impact analysis
- Decompose the project into smaller projects easily and transparently
- Reuse a project or its parts in other projects
- Automate development and artifact delivery
- Use model driven architecture (MDA) as way to produce platform-specific artifacts from platform-independent artifacts
- Generate project documentation
- Automatically exchange data changes between team members via our teamwork solution(s)
- Validate the system being designed in an automated way
Value propositions categorized by role are available here.
UML IN THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Domain analysis model
Test case action flows
Code generation from UML
No Magic consultants come from years of business analysis and design experience, in the Big Five consulting firms as well as various government consulting agencies. No Magic extends this powerhouse of consulting with partnerships with the other major software product companies and their resources, to deliver first rate consulting no matter what the stage of software development lifecycle.
No Magic Professional Services possesses the creative and technical resources to transform business strategies into software solutions - whether it is an existing company seeking better software solutions or an emerging company ready to launch their technical solutions.