- MagicDraw is very intuitive and robust. The best UML Modeler I've been using so far.
- I really am loving the product. It's just that when I find out that a company actually *listens* for once.
- I have used multiple modeling tools over the years...by far the best one I've used is MagicDraw.
The modernization of databases and data is the main concern of decision makers.
"Blu Age Database and Data Modernization" automates the migration of databases and data allowing their standardization.
The automatic data migration is even more crucial that they are often the basis for critical applications.
"Blu Age Database and Data Modernization" allows to:
- modernize hierarchical databases and database files in relational and standardized bases,
- standardize and strengthen the integrity of your relational databases,
- merge multiple databases into a single data warehouse,
- migrate the format of your data storage (passing UTF8 for example),
- replace your relational databases by open source equivalents or other models with more functionalities (PostgreSQL GIS location for example).
"Blu Age Database and Data Modernization" can be used independently by your database administrators and software developers. In order to modernize jointly application code and database, this tool also fits into Blu Age Modernization.
Tool for modernizing databases, "Blu Age Database and Data Modernization" automates the tasks associated with technology migrations and applications developments:
- technology migrations of database
- data migration and loading towards new database instances
- audit and standardization of your data schemas
- functional enhancements of your data patterns and automatic realignment of existing data
- data control and adjustment of your SQL queries
The modernization process works as follows:
- Choice of the connector for the databases and the connection identifiers,
- Base Legacy,
- New database.
- Importing the scheme and database that need modernizing,
- Creating a new database scheme,
- Automatic conversion of types and data formats for the targeted databases,
- Analysis of the level of normalization of the database and the creation of associated reports,
- Using rehandling and modernization rules:
- Choosing rules for the analysis and identifying of targets,
- Potential extensions of the rules (adding, modifying).
- Validating the list of suggested targets:
- Adding and excluding,
- Variation of the case by case transformation.
- Generating modernization and rehandling scripts:
- For the scheme structure,
- For the data transfer.
- Integrating scripts and parametrization into the ETL tool,
- Executing scripts and parametrization:
- Transforming the base and the data,
- Supervising the execution of the transfer :
- Detecting the exceptions (incoherent data, remaining adaptation needs),
- Processing performance.
- Integrated SQL query environment for the control and use of transferred data.