Get everyone on your team working collaboratively
Teamwork Server makes it easy to exchange data directly in the context of your work. It provides a central repository for storing any kind of models. Using Teamwork Server, team members can access, review, or modify the same model or even the same diagram at the same time. It supports importing, exporting, updating, branching or comparing in-server-stored models.
Server data and configuration can be managed through a separate administrative console with a minimal technical knowledge and effort.
See the latest features of Teamwork Server
|Improve Team Collaboration
Benefits of the Teamwork Server
- Faster team collaboration. Teamwork server supports collaborative modeling and versioning of Cameo Systems Modeler, Cameo Business Modeler, Cameo Enterprise Architecture and MagicDraw projects. Users can access and modify the same model or even the same diagram in parallel. Every user may instantly obtain the newest version of the model
- Simpler configuration management. All designs are stored in a single place, there are no more files that are scattered around in the network; changes can be introduced orderly and without conflicts
- Controlled access to your artifacts. Different people in the project may have different access levels to the projects stored in the teamwork server repository.
- Remote access. No matter where you are, if you are connected to the Internet you may work with the model that is stored in the repository. A project manager may provide read only or full access to the repository for the overseas developers, customers, subcontractors, management, and other interested parties
- Offline mode support. Everyone may save their teamwork project locally and work offline. Changes done while working offline can later be committed to the Teamwork Server
- Data synchronization between different sites. Several Teamwork Server deployments can be synchronized. Projects available on one Teamwork server can be accessed as read-only replicas by other Teamwork Servers that are deployed on remote sites.
Accelerates Enterprise Team Collaboration
MagicDraw Teamwork server is a central repository for all Cameo tools. It forms a base for integrating different models from different clients as all models reside in a single repository. Make it easy to exchange data directly in the context of your work. Teamwork server provides a central repository for storing:
- MagicDraw projects
- Cameo Systems Modeler projects
- Cameo Business Modeler projects
- Cameo Enterprise Architecture projects
With Teamwork server, team members can access and modify the same model or even the same diagram in parallel. It supports importing, exporting, updating, committing, merging and comparing stored models.
Server configuration can be managed through a separate console, which allows user administration of server and stored data with minimal technical knowledge and effort.
Improve Team Collaboration
Teamwork server provides state of the art version control for your artifacts. It supports teams doing parallel modeling and has many powerful features like atomic check-ins, merging, concurrent check-outs (updates) and element locking policies for avoiding parallel modeling conflicts.
Teamwork server supports collaborative modeling and versioning of Cameo Systems Modeler, Cameo Business Modeler, Cameo Enterprise Architecture and MagicDraw projects. Users can access and modify the same model or even the same diagram in parallel. Every user may instantly obtain the newest version of the model.
Instant Remote Access
No matter where you are, if you are online you may work with the model that is stored in the repository.
Data synchronization between different sites
Teamwork server supports data synchronization among several Teamwork Server deployments all around the world. Projects available on one Teamwork server can be accessed by other Teamwork Servers that are deployed on remote sites.
Teamwork server is a powerful yet easy to manage collaboration solution. All configurations can be managed through the administrative console, which let every user administrate server and stored data with a minimal technical knowledge and effort. In additional to server management features, there you can also:
- Manage licenses
- View license usage statistics
- Access server status information
- Control active sessions
- Administrate stored data
- Import/export server projects
A permission system allows controlling each user capabilities to perform a specific operation in the server.
Teamwork server comes with a full security feature set, guaranteeing secure communication of information and protection for your confidential data:
Teamwork allows you to use LDAP authentication as well as built-in authentication.
Teamwork server supports secure socket layer (SSL) connections. This ensures your data remains secure as it is transmitted between clients and Teamwork.
The Teamwork server has built-in permission system allowing you to protect the access to your data.
To run Teamwork Server, your system must meet the following requirements:
||Pentium™ 3, 800 MHz
||Pentium ™ 4, 1.4 GHz or higher
||2 GB or more
||150 MB* or more
* The space of the project depends on how many versions are committed to the server. Every time a change is committed to the repository, a new version of the entire project is created. For instance, if your project is 500KB in size and you expect that ten developers will commit their changes twice a day, you will need extra 400MB for this project in the repository for a two-month run.
NOTE. For Unix platforms, XWindow server is required for starting Teamwork Server with GUI and for starting Teamwork Server Console
The server is based on a Java platform, and it is interoperable with most operating systems, where the supported Java is running.
Any MagicDraw client version except the Personal Edition can be connected to the Teamwork Server. Whenever you install teamwork server you supply a license key, which bears information on how many simultaneous connections can be made to this server at a single time. There is no limitation on how many installed client versions of MagicDraw may access the teamwork server potentially. The limitation of the connections specified in the server limits the number of the clients that can work with the server (perform updates, commit, etc.) in parallel. The number of the projects you can create in the repository is also not limited.