Before calling or registering an issue, please have a look in our FAQ section. It is constantly updated and may contain an answer to your question.
Discuss and get answers about No Magic products in No Magic Community Forum. With respect to the growing interest in No Magic products, we have expanded the capabilities that had been provided by our newsgroups and have moved the content to the online Forum. You are welcome to post your comments and questions here.
Note: If you are interested in old discussions from the newsgroups, you can find them in the Forum as well as in the newsgroups in a read-only mode.
Regardless of your experience level, the Forum will benefit you:
- If you are a new user, ask questions and get started on learning about UML and MagicDraw by the NEW USER section.
- Discuss issues related to technologies and processes in the STANDARDS/METHODOLOGIES section.
- Share your professional experience in terms of using MagicDraw, including installation and running, MagicDraw OpenAPI, scripting, integrations with other 3rd party tools, etc. in the MAGICDRAW section.
- Find new product versions, updates, and major events in the ANNOUNCEMENT section.
- Post your suggestions for improvements and new features that you would like to see added to the Forum in the OTHER section, the Suggestions subsection.
We provide free professional support for:
- Registered users with a valid No Magic Software Assurance contract (SA). SA provides you with technical support, software upgrades and maintenance releases at no additional cost for a contract period.
- Pre-sales users during the evaluation period.
- New customers for 30 days.
- Inquiries about registration, licensing and product updates.
If you are a registered user and have already connected to No Magic support system you can create or comment on your support issues through email as well.
A customer support level determines customer access rights and the response time for support requests. To find out your customer support level, please, visit the knowledgebase.
|Support level||Applies for||Ensured support includes|
All requests for support must be submitted by accessing the JIRA request form directly from the MagicDraw® application (from the main menu, choose Help > Report an Issue)*** or directly through No Magic Customer Support System.
* Severity let us know the impact of the problem on business.
- Severity 1 Critical business impact or system down, this condition requires a solution.
- Severity 2 Significant business impact, this indicates the program is usable, but is severely limited.
- Severity 3 Some business impact, this indicates the program is usable with less significant features.
- Severity 4 Minimal business impact.
** VIP customer is usually our partner.
*** If MagicDraw stops responding, the executable tools can be used for analyzing and submitting the status of the process. To report an issue using an executable file, start the reportissue.exe file, located in <MagicDraw installation directory>\bin.
The end-of-life policy depends on the release type in use. Gibraltar Long-term releases (LTR) and Feature releases (FR) are the available types.
The Long-term releases are extremely reliable and rock-solid. No Magic provides guaranteed support (including service packs and private patches) until the next Gibraltar Release, approximately every two
years. Longer-term support (up to five years) for a Gibraltar Release is available for an additional charge.
Support for a Feature Release will be discontinued when the next Feature Release is released. Therefore, bug fixes for old Feature Releases will not be available.
Important! We support and provide patches only when you own Software Assurance (SA) contracts on your purchased products, so please, be sure you are covered.
For more information about the Gibraltar Long-term releases, see http://www.nomagic.com/support/gibraltar.html
Send us notifications of problem, suggest improvements, or ask about new features directly from MagicDraw application (from the main menu, choose Help > Report an Issue)*.
These reports help us address issues in a timely manner, as well as speed up maintenance releases with fixes to free of known defects.
Note: When reporting an issue directly from the MagicDraw application environment, information is incorporated into a report automatically.
If MagicDraw is unable to load your file, and the file is non-confidential, please attach it to your submission.
It will assist us when analyzing of your issue.
* If MagicDraw stops responding, the executable tools can be used for analyzing and submitting the status of the process. To report an issue using an executable file, start the reportissue.exe file, located in <MagicDraw installation directory>\bin.