Golden, Colorado - June 25, 2002 – No Magic, Inc.®, a leading object-oriented systems software development company, today announced the release of MagicDraw UML 5.5, the latest version of its visual UML modeling and CASE tool. This versatile development tool increases productivity for business and software analysts, programmers, QA engineers and documentation writers.
“With this groundbreaking 5.5 release, MagicDraw UML expands in exciting new directions, exploiting the latest technology standards while matching market trends,” said Paul Duncanson, CEO, No Magic, Inc. “It fulfills the No Magic ideal, which is to present the optimal feature set while providing the best value to our customers.“
One of the few modeling tools supporting all nine UML diagrams, MagicDraw UML 5.5 facilitates analysis and design of Object-Oriented (OO) systems and databases. It supports the latest Java, UML, and XMI standards and provides the industry's best code engineering mechanism, with full round-trip support for Java, C++, and CORBA IDL programming languages. MagicDraw also provides database schema modeling, DDL generation and reverse engineering facilities.
· UML 1.4 support. Full support for UML 1.4 semantics and notation.
· XMI 1.1 support. Save and load, import and export using XMI 1.1 file format.
· Common Intermediate Language (CIL) reverse engineering. Through reverse engineering of .NET bytecode (CIL or MS IL), you can now capture designs created through applications and systems written for the .NET platform.
· Integration with IBM's Eclipse platform. Automatically synchronize your model in MagicDraw and your code in Eclipse 2.0.
· File storage in CVS. The built-in CVS (Concurrent Versioning System?) interface allows easy, safe storage for your project files.
· Object Constraint Language (OCL) support. Want to extend your model with OCL constraints? You’ll find this automatic syntax validation and highlighting an indispensable addition.
· Teamwork server enhancements. Accelerate your Teamwork Server operations through MagicDraw 5.5’s enhancements, where only changed elements are uploaded to the Teamwork Server during the commit operation. Now you can unlock your unchanged elements without committing them to the server. You can also add and manage project version tags.
MagicDraw UML 5.5 is now available for purchase in four editions: Professional ($699), Professional Floating ($999), Standard ($299), and Standard Floating ($499).
Teamwork Solution. Along with single developer licenses, Teamwork Server, the team unifying solutionis available in two editions: 2-10 Connections ($2,995) and 10+ Connections ($5,995).
Software Assurance Contracts. Contracts allow customers to receive the new releases with prices starting at $69* (Standard and Standard Floating Editions), $159* (Professional and Professional Floating Editions), Teamwork Server ($495* for 2-10 connections, $995* for 10+ connections). Educational and government discount are available. (* If bought with the original purchase.)
Founded in 1995, No Magic Inc. is headquartered in Golden, Colorado with operations worldwide. In 1998 No Magic released MagicDraw UML Version 1.0, the first large scale application completely developed in Java, earning Sun’s “100% Java Application” credential. In addition to continued development of MagicDraw, No Magic, Inc. also provides software development outsourcing services from its software development facilities in Kaunas, Lithuania and Bangkok, Thailand.
Download a fully functional demo at www.magicdraw.com. Additional information about No Magic’s products and development services can be obtained by visiting one of our web sites at: www.magicdraw.com or www.nomagic.com, by emailing email@example.com, or calling our National Sales and Support Office at (972) 527-9377. Additional corporate information may be obtained from our Corporate Headquarters, Corporate Communications, (303) 215 9955 option 2, then ext. 3.