Golden, Colorado – September 6, 2004 – No Magic, Inc.®, a leading object-oriented tools company, today announced the release of MagicDraw 8.0 the latest version of its visual UML modeling and CASE tool with teamwork support.
New MagicDraw 8.0 presents a visual image of existing applications through its new feature: Java reverse engineering of code to sequence diagrams. Also, MagicDraw 8.0 imports a UML model from any source – an XMI import or a reverse engineering operation – and visually displays it. A new, sophisticated diagram layout engine with seven layout options automatically aligns the generated diagrams for a professional look and feel.
What's New in version 8.0:
- Java source code reverse engineering to sequence diagram.
- Analysis and model navigation improvements. New diagram wizards for model visualization after the UML model import (source code reverse engineering, XMI import, etc.).
- New sophisticated diagram layout engine with seven layout options. Now you can make your diagrams aligned and look professional without manual arranging of diagrams.
- Major improvements in MagicDraw modules handling. From now on, every project can have shared packages that might be visible in other projects, which use such project as a module.
- Integration with Borland CaliberRM requirements tool. Ability to create logical relations from requirements in CaliberRM to model elements in MagicDraw.
- Integration with BEA WebLogic Workshop enables Workshop users to create an overview of their web application, web services, JSPs, EJBs or Portals using UML Class diagram.
- Integration with NetBeans 3.6.
- Integration with Eclipse 3.0.
- Integration with IntelliJ IDEA 4.5.
- Customizable Quick Property tab with the most used element properties for convenient and fast editing of the selected elements.
- Easy text formatting with HTML for model documentation. It allows using text formatting elements – aligning, bullets, numbering, colors, fonts, etc.
- Support for additional UML profiles for Enterprise Distributed Object Computing (EDOC) and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI).