No Magic Inc. is pleased to announce the 19.0 Long-Term Release (LTR) of MagicDraw®, Cameo® System Modeler, Cameo Enterprise Architecture, Teamwork Cloud, Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud, and plugins.
This release focuses on support of the latest standards, method support, integrations with other engineering products, cross-version compatibility, enterprise level usability and scalability. 19.0 LTR includes:
- Support of the latest standard versions. In addition, UML 2.5.1, SysML 1.5, and UAF are supported offering enhanced usability of the ISO 80000 standard implementation.
- MagicGrid method and templates. Two new project templates which serve as a quick-start for using MagicGrid are available now. MagicGrid is a new MBSE method developed by No Magic, Inc.
- MagicGrid supports performing problem domain analysis as well as building a solution for logical system design, from stakeholder needs elicitation and capturing to logical system design verification and technical requirements specification for manufacturing. The approach is thoroughly described in the MagicGrid Book of Knowledge, which is available with the purchase of SysML, Cameo Systems Modeler, and Cameo Enterprise Architecture products.
- Tool integration via OSLC. Beginning with version 19.0, MagicDraw and Teamwork Cloud can consume and provide model data using Open Services for the Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) standard. This extended OSLC support allows the modeling environment to work smoothly in any other OSLC-compatible ecosystems such as IBM Jazz. Users can now easily link between different project lifecycle artifacts residing in different tools and have the ability to see detailed information of linked artifacts without switching from one tool to another. Moreover, Teamwork Cloud provides the flexibility to customize the structure of OSLC UI previews in a model-driven way via functionality of the new Cameo Collaborator. To experience the benefits of this OSLC support, Cameo Data Hub plugin is required.
- Siemens Teamcenter Integration plugin which complements Teamcenter (Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software) with UML/SysML modeling capabilities provided by MagicDraw.
- The Excel/CSV synchronization mechanism, introduced in this version, ensures continuous data exchange between Excel/CSV files and MagicDraw tables.
- As of 19.0 LTR, service packs (19.0 SP1, SP2, and so on) will include new features while still retaining cross-service pack compatibility. Major versions (19.1, 19.2 and so on) will be compatible with the 19.0 LTR. These capabilities will allow gradual upgrades to newer versions, when only teams that need new features will be upgraded to newer versions without upgrading the Teamwork Cloud server and the entire organization.
- Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud 19.0 - a web-based product designed to present models in a simplified form for stakeholders, sponsors, customers, and engineering teams. The new product is built with scalability in mind, making it possible to deploy it both in a single node and a cluster setting. The product works in all form factors (desktop, tablet, and smart phones), making model sharing and reviewing easy.
- New features added for collaboration using the Teamwork Cloud server: cross-project refactoring, easier management of projects, suspending/resuming of local changes, disconnected team collaboration between isolated servers, hiding packages for controlling what part of the project is visible in other projects, cloning of projects, user groups for bulk access managements and many others.
- Support of Cassandra 3.11 in the Teamwork Cloud (Cassandra 2.x is no longer supported).