Watch a recording of our webinar "Integrating Safety and Reliability Analysis into MBSE Toolkit"
Cameo Safety and Reliability Analyzer (Technology Preview) Plugin enables a model-based approach to safety and reliability analysis. This new functionality integrates into the No Magic MBSE toolkit. The plugin supports:
- The failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Hazard analysis according to the following medical standards:
- IEC 62304
- ISO 14971:2007, Corrected version 2007-10-01 (Medical devices - Application of risk management to medical devices)
As the plugin evolves, it will provide support for the following:
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- ISO 26262 (Road vehicles – Functional safety)
Using Cameo Safety and Reliability Analyzer brings following values:
- Being able to demonstrate that risks are addressed by safety requirements/risk control measures, design elements, critical quality attributes (CQA).
- Automatically validate the model to ensure that the entire design went through safety and reliability analysis.
- Increased agility between design, safety and reliability analysis phases:
- A lot frequent exchange of information between safety and reliability analysis cross-functional teams.
- Shorter development cycles followed by shorter safety and reliability analysis cycles leading to a lot more precise detections of risks and faults and safer.
- More reliable products.
- Ensured traceability of risks to requirements, design elements, critical quality attributes (CQA) and other artifacts, traceability from design elements to FMEA, two-way traceability between FMEA and risks/hazard analysis.
The Cameo Safety and Reliability Analyzer plugin comes with the following predefined samples: