I got the following messages in my cameo daemon log file:
16:36:22 (cameo) Server started on cm1 for: MagicDrawEnterprise
16:36:22 (cameo) Wrong hostid on SERVER line for license file:
16:36:22 (cameo) licenses/cameo/license.txt
16:36:22 (cameo) SERVER line says 90b11c596715, hostid is 000000000000
16:36:22 (cameo) Invalid hostid on SERVER line
16:36:22 (cameo) Disabling 5 licenses from feature MagicDrawEnterprise(0393 0246 4250 573D )
16:36:22 (cameo) EXTERNAL FILTERS are OFF
16:36:22 (cameo) No valid hostids, exiting
16:36:22 (cameo) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 34 Exit reason 2
Currently, FlexLM does not support interface names other than eth0, eth1, ..., ethN. Alternate interface names, such as em1, are not recognized and will return the invalid hostid 000000000000.
As a workaround we offer you to change your interface names to ethN, such as eth0. Consult the documentation of both your system and distribution to learn how to reset an interface name. Look for more information:
- Solution for "Hostid 00000000000" on Red Hat 6 and Fedora15
- Consistent Network device naming-Name network interfaces to match chassis labels
Please contact our customer support, if this does not help.
When a user moves between two subnets (for example, between two WiFi networks) and the user's PC gets different IP addresses, the Floating License connection is lost. Then, when users re-connect to the Floating License Server they get a second Floating License. This results in two licenses being checked out, but only one is actually in use and the other license is inactive.
By default, the inactive license stays checked out for approximately 2 hours. You can return the inactive license manually, or you can configure the server to return the license after 15 min.
For more details, please see How to release a hanging license to the pool?
There are several methods how to release license:
1. There is a way to configure the license manager to automatically reclaim inactive licenses by creating the options file with specified TIMEOUT feature. Default TIMEOUT feature has a minimum license release time of 900 seconds, which means your license will not be checked back into the pool before 15 minutes of inactivity has elapsed. License Administration Guide with the instructions how to create an options file is available at http://www.nomagic.com/files/manuals/fnp_LicAdmin_11_12_1.pdf
2. Restart the license server itself. First stop the server from the Administration section of the license server management interface. Follow the link http://:8080 to connect to licenses server interface. Please note that stopping server shut downs and all vendor daemons. Active users will be notified and reconnect to license server would be needed. Start license server manually. On Windows platforms, open the installation directory in Windows Explorer and then double-click the lmadmin.exe file. Or run the lmadmin command with your desired command-line arguments on Unix platforms.
3. In order to release a hung license to the pool of free licenses please use lmremove command-line argument. Note that lmadmin's default setting disables the operation of lmremove, to enable it start lmadmin with the - allowLicenseReclaim argument. License Administration Guide with the instructions how to combine command line arguments is available at http://www.nomagic.com/files/manuals/fnp_LicAdmin_11_12_1.pdf
You can not run two same vendor daemon instances and license servers on the same machine. Being able to do so, would enable users to double the number of licenses.
In order to set restrictions without starting two license servers, please configure the options file. Options file - a configuration file available on the license server, which license administrators can use to allow / deny / reserve products to be used by specific users, hosts, and groups.
Instructions how to create and manage the options file for license server is described in the Flexnet License Administration Guide at http://www.nomagic.com/files/manuals/fnp_LicAdmin_11_12_1.pdf.
You can find list of the options by issuing the following command at the command prompt:
Please run the lmadmin application as a non-privileged user. Lmadmin has a restriction does not allowing it to start by the root user.
Such an error appears when demo daemon, included in the license server installation, has expired
Please remove the demo daemon from the server and try again. There are couple few ways to do so:
- You can remove it from server graphical interface side, or
- Directly from server.xml file side. Do as following:
- In order to start the server without demo daemon, first remove daemon from the server.xml file. This file you can found in the platform directory "conf" folder.
- Remove the line: <daemon dateBasedVersion="false" dlog="false" executable="demo/demo" license="demo/demo.lic" logFile="logs/demo.log" logOverwrite="false" name="demo" port="0" restartRetries="3"/>
- Start license server again.
Such an error appears when:
The vendor daemon is specified to run on the particular port number that is already used by the other process. The default port numbers for the cameo vendor daemon is 1101.
Both the FLEXnet license server and the cameo vendor are specified to run on the same port number. Default port numbers for the FLEXnet license server are 27000-27009.
You may check and change the port number in the FLEXnet license administrator console.
It can occur because of Microsoft® Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) on the server. DEP simply kills the lmgrd application when it starts.
The suggested solution is:
1. Stop the license service using LMTOOLS.EXE or the Windows Services dialog box.
2. Open Task Manager and stop all processes named like lmgrd.exe and cameo.exe
3. Select Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention
4. Select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select check box and add to the list LMGRD.EXE, LMUTIL.EXE, LMTOOLS.EXE, and the vendor daemon, where the license manager is installed
5. Restart the service
DEP also may impact LMTOOLS.EXE crashes or stops the license service (you cannot checkout any licenses then). It is known that such a situation occurs not only on the Microsoft® Windows 2008 server but also on the Microsoft® Windows 2003 server.
As the log says, "File not found, cameo.exe". So the lmadmin cannot find the daemon. There are two reasons / solutions:
- Maybe you have put the daemon cameo.exe in another folder.
Add the Vendor daemon into the installed server. If you are using lmadmin, create licenses/cameo directories under and place the Vendor daemon file cameo.exe under ..../ /licenses/cameo.
- Maybe you do not have this file, then you can download the Vendor daemon - cameo.exe for your OS from https://secure.nomagic.com/show_content/download/?content=vendor_daemon_download
By default 1101 and 27000-27009 ports are used. Range of ports 27000-27009 can be changed to any single port. One port is enough but it must be specified explicitly in lmadmin configuration.
The license server manager will not start if either of the following ports are in use:
* Default license server port (no ports in range 27000 to 27009 available)
* Default HTTP port for the license server manager user interface (port 8080)
This error appears if key with different hostid is added into server. Server memorizes host added with first key and does not accept another one, if different host is used in second key. This is known issue which fix is planed with new version of lmadmin.
Please reinstall Lmadmin before applying key with different hostid. This will allow voiding this issue.
The location of the log file depends on what license server manager you use.
- If it is lmgrid, the cameo.log and lmgrid.log files can both be found directly in the root package of the lmgrid installation.
- If it is lmadmin, the cameo.log file can be found in <lmadmin installation directory>\logs, for example, C:\Program Files\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager\logs.
Note: The default location of the log file can be changed during the product configuration.
1. From <flexnet license server installation directory>\conf, open the server.xml file for editing.
2. In the line
<user firstName="System" id="admin" lastName="Administrator" password="(ENC-01)K86frDi5qtLwVo2R+jXtOV1WakoJaaqqgFqNvGLy91OVdbhJ" passwordExpired="false" privileges="admin" type="local-admin"/>
change the password key value to "aa" as shown in the following example:
<user firstName="System" id="admin" lastName="Administrator" password="aa" passwordExpired="false" privileges="admin" type="local-admin"/>
3. Restart lmadmin (end the lmadmin process and start it again manually).
4. Connect to the FlexNet server (the default address is http://<server_name>:8090) with the following credentials:
User Name: admin
5. In the User Configuration tab, click Edit, enter a new password and save it.