In our company the storage of user home directory is limited. How to force to keep configuration files in other directory?
You can save configuration files in the modeling tool installation directory or on your chosen directory.
To store configuration files in the modeling tool installation directory add argument into JAVA_ARGS line in file *.properties* (this file is in \bin):
NOTE: For Windows users. If you are using MagicDraw 17.0.4 or later, you must also add argument
To store configuration files to your chosen location
- In the /.<modeling tool name>/ folder, create file named <modeling tool properties file name> redirect, that is magicdrawredirect, cameoearedirect, csmredirect, or cbmredirect.
- In the created file, type absolute (for example, C:\users\john\Documents) or relative (relative to modeling tool installation directory, for example, ..\configurations) path where configuration and auxiliary files will be saved.
- Open the *.properties* file, which is located in \bin.
- Add the parameter value to the end of the line started with JAVA_ARGS= -Dlocalconfig.location=<absolute path to a custom location>
For example, -Dlocalconfig.location\=C\:\\MagicDraw\\configurationData
NOTE: If there is defined to store files in installation directory (see the section "To store MagicDraw configuration files in MagicDraw installation directory" above), files will not be stored to your chosen location.
* For more information about configuration files please, see Configuration files