An additional floating license is reserved after switching from wired to wireless connection and back when MagicDraw is open. That license is released only after some time, but not instantly as I expect to. How can I fix this?
This is a known issue and we are investigating on it. So far we recommend modifying the server heart-beat option to release license in 15 minutes. You need to free inactive licenses by setting the time-out.
To set the time-out:
1. Open the FlexNet installation directory, find the cameo.opt file and open it for edit. If you cannot find the file, create a new file and save it as cameo.opt.
2. Add to this file the following line:
3. Place the cameo.opt file in the same directory with the cameo.exe file. For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager\licenses\cameo.
4. In the VENDOR line of the license file specify the relative path to the cameo.opt file so that the FlexNet server could find it.
VENDOR cameo licenses/cameo/cameo licenses/cameo/cameo.opt PORT=1101
5. Restart the FlexNet server.
6. Open the cameo.log file to check that the cameo.opt file is added in the proper directory.
If the path to the file is like in the example of the 3rd step, you should see the corresponding text:
14:44:35 (cameo) Using options file: "licenses/cameo/cameo.opt"
14:44:35 (cameo) Server started on panda for: MagicDrawEnterprise
14:44:35 (cameo) EXTERNAL FILTERS are OFF
14:44:35 (cameo) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 900 seconds